Wednesday, March 2, 2011

1/2 Marathon Training - Week 1

First week went pretty well.  Logged in 17 miles:

Monday - Rest
Tuesday - HIIT - 2 Miles
Wednesday - Easy - 3 Miles
Thursday - HIIT - 3 Miles
Friday - Easy - 3 miles
Saturday - Rest
Sunday - Long Run on Treadmill - 6.5

Found out about FIRST training - got the book on my kindle and read it on Saturday.  It intrigues me - I know I need to crosstrain and their studies really support it...looked into getting a recumbant bike, but the hubby is not on board with the expenditure right now with spring around the corner...maybe next winter...oh well - will keep my eye out on craigs list!  It feels good to be regularly exercising again, I was surprised how fast I recovered from my long run on Sunday - so that's a good step in the right direction.  Good first week of training!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Remind me how to run more than 3 miles on the treadmill.....

Good job on your first week of training!