Sunday, October 24, 2010

Gimme a hug

I literally worked 60 hours this last week and am having flashbacks to my prior self.  Good (love the creativity, purpose) and bad (no exercise and my neck and shoulders ache).  So while plugging away on a web project yesterday (the good) my son walks up to me and says - gimme a huuuuuuuggggggg.  So he leaned into me and I hugged him.  Then he said something so cute, I thought - I need to write that down.  Then I didn't...

and now I remember that it was cute and confirmed to me that he is just an angel..but I can't remember exactly what it was he said! 

So today is for fun stuff, lite run, hangin' out and making apple pie.  Give my brain a chance to clean out the debris from last week.  It's already working, cause he called me into his room just now and I was mildly annoyed to have to stop posting.... 

It was for him to inform me that next weekend for my 1/2 marathon, the weather looks to be perfect - 40's at the start and partly cloudy.  He knew I was worried about the weather and wanted to tell me the good news.  I loooooove that boy!

4 comments:

Jodi H said...

That awesome! What a great kid!!

Teamarcia said...

Awww what a great kid! Great weather too!

Christina said...

Somethings weird with my computer and your blog. It kept switching over to your daily mile page.
Anyway, thanks for leaving comments on my blog. Your kid was sweet to assure you about the weather. :)
You will do well in your half. I didn't even run 12 miles on my training runs. The most I ran was 11 miles and that was in September. You will finish the race. Now, just set some goals. :) I will be thinking about you.

Happy Running! And I hope you will have nice sweet dreams instead of nightmares before the race.

chris mcpeake said...

awesome kid. Good luck with the upcoming HM