Monday, August 2, 2010

ooooh, am I crazy? has the 1/2 bug bitten? Friend me!

Mmmmmm, thinking it over long and hard tonight, but I am pretty excited to maybe sign up for my first 1/2 marathon!  I have just the right amount of time and these lovely folks are the reason why I am thinking this over!  I think I am going to get my nephew to sign up with me!

I am now on Daily Mile as Kelly L. - come friend me! 

Head over to a fellow midwesterner's blog - Julie is hosting a great giveaway! 
http://minnesotamilage.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Megan said...

Way to go! You can totally do it! Once you do one though, you'll want to do more!

abbi said...

I totally agree...if you want to run a half, I'm sure you can. If you sign up, be sure to let me know and I'll add you to the list! I agree with Megan though, once you start these races get addictive!

Kim said...

Awesome, you can totally do it! Sign up!

Rae said...

Hey there...I saw your comment about the forerunner that is syncs up with dailymile...how so. Do share!

Julie said...

Hi Maxi,
Thanks for your comments on my blog:) My first half marathon was in January...can you believe it!?! I ran the St. Paul Securian Half...also known as the frozen half. It was hard and I hated every step after mile eight:) I did not train properly. After crossing the finish line I was already thinking about another half that I could run:) Since the beginning of this year I have already ran eight of them! Next step for me is a full marathon:) You can totally do a half! Maybe we can run a half together sometime...I could drive to Wisconsin or you could come here to Minnesota:) Good luck with your training!

runningitoff1 said...

Congratulations on your decision! I am also running the Monster Dash 1/2. My 12 week trianing program starts today. :) Maybe we could meet up and do a run sometime.