Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I am REGISTERED! Monster Dash 1/2 Marathon Participant!

It's non-refundable, so I guess I gotta do it!

I ran my magic mile for the Galloway method and I can do it!  I waited another day to re-coup from my long run.  Ran it this morning in the soggy heat and did it in 10:43.  That's even with a couple of 10 yard walks.  I will run the MM every couple of weeks to see how my training is going.  I am going into this first 1/2 to really experience the training and enjoy the race - Complete vs Compete for this first one!  I also looked at the 2009 results and I really do think I can be a true mid-packer on this one! 

I am sooooooo excited! 
I dreamed about rearranging my training plan all last night.  I am off to join the Distrance Dreamers!

6 comments:

abbi said...

Congratulations! You are on the list for Distance Dreamers. If you have questions along the way, feel free to ask...I'm not that experienced but I have a couple of halfs under my belt!

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

Super fun! Do you have to wear a costume?

Rae said...

Wow! You go girl!

Kim said...

Hooray! Congratulations!

shannon said...

Great workout Friday! :)

Molly said...

yahoo for registering!!!