Sunday, August 8, 2010

9.37 MIles! Longest Run Ever!

Really great few days of running lately!  Friday was fabulous with the weather and ran my fastest splits for 4-5-6 miles - yeah!  Yesterday was a great rest day with heading to our family reunion - fun to see everyone!  It was pretty hot and humid, but the food and company was great.  Big family on my step-dad's side!  We saw later, the movie Despicable Me.  Cute, but a little predictable.  Crashed last night!

9.37 miles, 2 hours and 6 minutes - 13:21 avg pace.  Ran 2 minutes, walked 1 per Galloway method for long run.

Today's long run was run around my local neighborhood, so no new streets to explore.  I was out the door by 6:30 and it was humid!  72 degrees.  Not much air moving for a breeze.  Tried out my new non-Camelback water carrier.  Some extra bodyglide, cause it was gonna chafe for sure!  Easy to set up and I was glad for it later!  I felt a little like I was going for a trip on the moon, I was so geared up with my hydration pack, garmin and ipod!  Nothing really to report other than I was happy to see the sun go under the clouds!  The first 2 miles were probably the toughest with just getting into the swing of things, then just kept goin'!

The only thing is that I got a Gymboss - could not feel it vibrating to alert me to switch, so I put it into the inside of my armband.  4 miles in - died on me - SOAKED!  It's working now, but it was a bummer to have to keep looking at my garmin to see if my interval was done yet.  I got through a few intervals just thinking of potential solutions!  I am gonna check their website too.  I am sure it was USER ERROR on my part.  I sweat...ALOT!

I had a great power nap after I iced my legs - I asked on dailymile why power naps are so awesome after long runs?  I feel great now that I have eaten and napped.  Guess I just have to use it as my excuse to nap - sorry just ran lots of miles, gotta snooze!

Tomorrow is recovery and I am going to do some serious quilting.  Tuesday will be speedwork and strength.  Gonna go search for a new lawn mower and some better running shorts on the internet now!

4 comments:

abbi said...

I love the nap after a long run...you are doing great if you ran over 9 today...I ran my first 15K one week before my 1st half marathon and the longest I'd ever done before that was 8.5. I'm not saying what I did was smart (at all), but I think you are going to be prepared for the half you signed up for!!

Rae said...

Great long run!

runningitoff1 said...

Hurray! For me, I think anything after mile 1,2 or 3 depending on the day and I feel like I could just keep going. :) I've never ran more than 3 miles at at time before this year and I'm loving it! :) Sounds like your having as much fun as I am.

Suzy said...

Congrats on your distance PR!!! New mileage is always exciting. Thanks again for stopping by my blog.