Monday, August 16, 2010

93 miles with top speed of 69 mph

Friday's hot run ended at 3:36 miles in about 45 agonizing minutes.  Got home and got ready to go to my inlaws to clean up the storm mess of trees down.  Rushing around and with my internet down since Wed. last week, I did not look at my Garmin to see if it was turned off, just threw all my running gear in my purse and off we went.  Low and behold when I download last night after my 9 miler, interesting to see that I just did not quit running on Friday!  So good to know it reads satelite signal from here to Wabasha! 

Notes from last night's long run -
Pretty nice to run in the evening!  Running into the sundown kinda sucked though.  Ran 2/walk 1 minute the whole run of 1:46.  That made an average pace of 12:06 per mile.  Hammies were really tight, but did some stretching and will be doing yoga later after mowing the lawn.  Used sport beans for the first time 1/2 way through.  Ate a handful and then stashed the rest, picked away at them every mile for the rest of the time.  Really pretty sunset last night and beautiful weather.  It's funny, when I run in my neighborhood, these kids come out and ride up and down the road checking me out!  They must be between 4-7 years old

Before my run last night, I got to spend the afternoon with my friend Jill - she has ran for the last 5 years or so, but she's in her rut right now.  Hip problems and hot summer heat, she's just not feelin' it.  So I gave her one of my Galloway books (really it's ok to walk - you will actually run more and be happier...)  I hope it inspires her as it has me! 

While out and about, we stopped at our local running store and I got some gels, , etc to try on my long runs.  We had a nice lunch at Olive Garden and did a stop at Trader Joe's to get my favorite dressing ever!  Cranberry Walnut Vinagrette! 

We also hit the bookstore and I got a copy of Running Times.  I really like it!  Newest Sookie Stackhouse (I can read these puppies in about a day and 1/2)  and some soduku puzzle books!

No comments: