Monday, August 30, 2010

10 miler - No Ipod! That's the cherry on top!

So if you are on daily mile - skip ahead!  10 miler up and down a country road on Saturday with black flies and no ipod - Good to say it's DONE!  11 miler for this weekend!  I have got to figure out this stiff neck deal before the hubby heads out to Colorado! 

On quilting/art news for me - I am taking an online class from Wyanne and it's been wonderful to help me get back to my art!  Very fun!

I was tagged by elizabethlacy at canyon cairns for the Cherry on Top award.  Thanks so much Elizabeth!




Rules:
1. Answer this question: If you had the chance to go back and change one thing in your life, would you and what would it be?  Well, this is a hard one!  If I could magically get back people that have passed, I would do that in a millesecond.  But, I am a firm believer that those folks are with me everyday, I just need to make myself open to recognizing the signs.  At the end of the day, I think we make our own opportunities and past is past.  You want to change something?  Change something right now.  Ya got right now - no time for regrets!

2. Secondly, pick 6 people and give them this award. Make sure to inform the person that they have gotten this award!

For those folks that like to find new blogs - here are a few of my favorites, some running, some quilting/art!:
Sue Bleiweiss - art quilter extroidinaire!
Ruth - This gal did the Ragnar Relay!  Woot Wooot!!!
Mysti and Michelle - Two former roommates learning how to run and writing about it!
Leah - Machine Quilting Artist and fabulous instructor! 
Cheryl - Art Quilter who posts regularily with testing new techniques - very fun!
Jacquie - Modern Quilter and fellow Improv(e) Your Butt Challenger
You all seriously rock in the blog department and I get something from your posts everytime! 

3. Be sure to thank the person who gave you the award.  I did - see above! ;) 

4 comments:

jacquie said...

well, maybe not today's post! thanks so much for the shout out. you're pretty dang inspiring too...look at your running tally...wowsers!!

Julie said...

Nice job on the 10 miler! I usually do not run with music but I am sure it is hard not to run with music if you are used to it! Awesome job!

Evolving Through Running said...

Great job on the 10-miler, despite the insect and lack-o-tunes challenges. Trying to make the virtual rounds and follow the blogs of all the fellow 'Distance Dreamers'.
I really like your answer to the 'Cherry on Top' question. No better time than the present. Couldn't agree more.

runningitoff1 said...

Thank you Kelly! I've accepted the reward and passed it along. You are truly awesome! :)

http://runningitoff1.blogspot.com/2010/09/its-cherry-on-top.html