Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pics from Lumberjack 5K

Here they are as promised!


















Here we are, bright and early waiting for the race to start. That's me on the left.  I got to carry the key to the car and my phone - thus the geeky belt.  I really did not need my phone, but I wanted to take pics.  I think the Droid did pretty well!  I will be looking for a different solution - maybe an arm band?  Too heavy to put in your shorts pocket...

The coach of my son's baseball team ran in the race too.   He smoked at under 24:00 minutes.  Good for him! 

Great race - looking forward to next year!  Hope to have a bigger posse of runner friends there next year!



















Here's Lumberjack David.  He passed me enroute.  Yep, a guy in full lumberjack gear passed me.  I was actually in a run interval, so I couldn't take a pic of him passing me...but thought I would try to catch him at the end.  He's a pretty young guy - I am telling myself he is a track star that could run in a bear outfit and still pass me! 



















Here we are walking to the start line.  This is my first Lumberjack Days 5K and I was happy with how they ran the event.  You get your tshirts at the end, which was cool to not have to run back to your car to stash or run with it in your hand or have to wear it.  But it was still kinda crazy to get them.  Just a little crowded is all.

2 comments:

Rae said...

Great job on your 5K!

In response to your comment on my blog...I am not really sure if cross training helps, but I've always done it. I always take my Boot Camp class Tuesdays and Thursdays, so that's why I'm sticking with it. I've heard others say they cross train or you should, so I think it helps with your strength.

Rae said...

I just saw your other comment....that's so great that I can be an inspiration to you! Congrats on trying not to take walking breaks. I think if you ease into it like you are, you will do great! And I'm going to look into a handheld hydration system or belt soon!