Thursday, July 29, 2010

Little tiny, tiny taste of fall

Running and designing is my life lately!

It was actually a tiny bit cool out this morning!  A miniscule sampling of fall!  Today's run - 12x200 repeats with 1m warm and cool down.  Ran them 6:56 - 7:48 pace.  Which is much faster than last week's 7:30 - 8:30 pace.  So funny after about the 5th, I think I had slowed down considerably and I look down at the garmin and I am going faster...I am starting to get a glimpse of what a 10 minute mile will actually feel like!  I think that's the point of going really fast, so that the other paces you thought you would never, ever be able to do, you now can!  Plus, I can definately feel my muscles much more than after a regular run - so they are getting TESTED.

Had tons of fun yesterday morning after popping into Tall Mom's blog and checking out all sorts of running blogs.  I really think I am going to like blogger much better than typepad!  So much inspiration out there - I love art/quilting blogs just as much, very similar, passionate and friendly people.

Been working on a friend's website and marketing materials for the last couple of weeks.  That's the front of the business card I designed.  Once her website goes live, I will post a link.  http://www.wix.com/ is pretty cool to work with, without having to know lovely code.  Doing projects like this really brings me back to my old life, but in a better way, cause I am much, much more happy to be doing this!  I did a quickie re-tool of my blog graphics, but will be back at that after our big quilt show in September.  We meet tonight to discuss all the details for that.  (that little dragonfly quilt in the about me section is an art quilt I did this spring.)

Off to work on the guild website for a bit and then enjoy the afternoon outside!  (I got the first season of True Blood on netflix, so looking forward to seeing those - I am only through book 2)

Have a good run!


3 comments:

Megan said...

I just started watching True Blood and I'm addicted. Although, sometimes I have to look away from the TV when the vampires bite people cause I can't stand the site of blood even if its fake...

I've been doing more speed work on the treadmill lately, but want to take them outside. Do you do them on a track?

Megan said...

I just read your comment on my blog, I'm going to lake vermilion too! funny, small world! I LOVE that place. I've been going there every summer since I was born. : )

onelittletrigirl said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by :)

Trust me, it will be a great RR!!