Thursday, July 22, 2010

I got it!

Ok - I am done with Nike+.  I listened to Phedippidations #235 Behind the Swoosh.  It was really an eye-opener.  Will I get rid of all my Nike stuff - no, but I will think long and hard before buying any of their stuff again.  Really, the reason I am done with Nike+ is because I have lost so many workouts to my own ID10T errors and hitting the buttons and losing it somehow.  This is a bummer to a gal that REALLY needs to see the numbers....Ok, so what did I get?  I found a great deal on Amazon for the Garmin 305.  LOL, I am now a serious runner!  No, really - I know that's not true, I am just good ol' gadget girl.  Hmmmm, I just thought of something.  Geez, I hope this thing is not touchy too, like my ipod!  Well, we'll see!  Gonna do an easy run tomorrow after this rain moves through and try it out.  I got our playlist all ready to go for the Lumberjack Days 5K.  I did a mix in Adobe Soundbooth with 3-3:30 minute songs - 1 minute breaks in between songs.  I can run pretty fast if I know I get a break.  Mental training is something I am working on....
With these and the 1 minute or so breaks, it would get me a new PR of 33:15.  Take about a minute off my old PR of 34:11.  I will get fast as I get more in shape, but this will make me very happy to start inching my way to a respectable 30 minute 5K.  I want that by October. PERIOD.  Then I will get into the late 20's by next spring's racing season. 
Anyway - here are the songs! -
You're So Damn Hot - Ok Go
Gold Digger - Glee Version
Break Your Heart - Taio Cruz & Ludacris
I Want You to Want Me - Cheap Trick
Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani
Coast to Coast - The Chipmunks - (YES, I would like to smile as I am gasping for breath!)
Whoomp (There it is) - Tag Team
Bottoms Up - Keke Palmer
Hot Girls in Love - Loverboy

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend of runs and races!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and posting a comment.
You will love the Garmin 305. I love mine!

Christine Jensen said...

Yeah for Garmin! I have the 305 and LOVE it!