Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday Fitness - Improv(e) Your Butt!

Along with running, I am just as passionate about quilting - art quilting is really my deal.  I make pieced quilts for our Caring Quilts at the guild, but I love, love art quilting.  Anyway - the love of quilting, means alot of sittin' on your butt, either at the sewing machine or in your chair if you are doing handwork.  Thus, the need to get equally passionate about running!  So, it's funny that other quilters are feeling the same way.  I follow Tallgrass Prairie Studio and she posted about this challenge -

Her directions are really clear about how to sign up - come on over and join the fun!  I think with all my miles for fabric, I will be actually making a king size quilt for our bed.  Something I said I would never do - just like running - I thought I would never actually do it!  Let me know if you sign up!

3 comments:

Kim said...

I'm in the process of making a quilt from my old race shirts. I have no idea how to make a quilt and don't own my own sewing machine, so my mother in law is helping me. We're doing it as a project together. Sadly, she lives 1000 miles away, so we don't get to work on it very often.

Maxi Fortend said...

Tshirt quilts are fun, but they can be challenging because of the knit fabric! Does your MIL sew? The key is stabilizing the tshirt sections with a light weight stabilizer. Just let me know if you guys need any help. A nice backing would be flannel if you guys decide to tie the quilt vs machine quilt it. It would be cozy and warm! Would be interested to hear more!

Amy said...

Hi Kelly! Thanks for stopping by my blog - good job on your 5k's - you have really improved your times!