Tuesday, July 27, 2010

4:37 Pace!

I was as fast as Oscar let out free today!
For 10 seconds that is!  Did my first set of official hill repeats today.  Did an easy 2 miles warm up and then tackled the short/nasty hill in our neighborhood.  I took off going as fast as I could, as controlled as I could.  Tried to keep my form good and feet light.  My minutes per mile speeds for each 10 second interval:

7:23
4:37 - ohh - gee I can actually run that fast!!!!!
5:19
5:26
4:48
5:07
6:24

Hmm - pretty all over the place...I had originally slated 10 repeats, but that seventh one did me in.  Yes, of course the 1050% humidity could have been a factor!  Anyway, it was a good first track of what I can do, now I need to be more consistant and add onto the pile.  Feel good, but not too blasted from the workout.  Tomorrow is a rest day!  Between working out and working on a friend's website - I need to take a turn at being mommy tomorrow!

11 comments:

Rae said...

That's great! Sounds fun! I should try that sometime. Is it supposed to help you get faster?

kimert said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Come back soon!!
I'm off to explore yours some more! :)

Megan said...

Glad you found me via Tall Mom. I think YOU'RE the fast one with those paces! I'm gonna follow you now...not in a creepy way! Look forward to your posts.

Stephanie said...

Hi Kelly! Thanks for visiting my blog! Love the name and the reason behind it...sooo cute!

runningitoff1 said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I really need to learn to do hill repeats and speed work! Great job! I look forward to reading your blog.

Heather said...

I really like the name of your blog and the reason behind it...very fun! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

abbi said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Looking forward to reading your blog. Don't worry about being really obsessed with running right now...I'm right there with you! Haha!

runningitoff1 said...

Hey were looking for a runner for our Ragnar Relay Great River team! I've never one it before but it sounds like a lot of fun! Interested or know anyone that might be? We're posting everywhere I can think of! :)

busyrunningmama said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog too! Can't wait to read about your running journey, all things crafty, cooking and reading! I love all of those too! Not so much the quilting....but I've always wanted to learn!

Christina said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. And WOW! Look who has speedy legs!

Kate said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm right with you on the running thing right now. And I'd take a 4:37 pace, no matter how long or short it was! Claim it, girl! :)