My friend Monique loves dragonflies. So I thought I would make a little art quilt for her since we were getting together last weekend for some fun. We went to Mpls. Institute of Arts, had a wonderful dinner at San Pedro and I put her to work stringing a new pearl and crystal bracelet! Sunday, she had a little Arbonne party and I got to meet some of her friends and her mom - who does watercolor by the way - super cool! Anyway, what a fun weekend!
A few firsts to note on this quilt. First time using piping in the binding. First time using my new creative sewing foot for satin stitch (two borders around the center, green and pinkish-purple. First stamping with fabric paint. Very subtle on the black border. First using organza. Was trying to get the "lightness" of the wings. First time doing an original design using my new french curve ruler set. Size of the quilt is 8.5 x 8.5 inches (roughly, cause it sure wasn't perfectly square by the time I got done with it....:) Dragonfly inset is painted with NeoColor II water-soluable crayons and watercolor pencils. Threw in a some machine quilting practice and a little hand beading for good measure.