Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 9 - Clean!

So I have really been busy.  Finished up my sunflower purse by constructing it from my own pattern, cause I wanted a little more interesting shape - tapered at the top.  Photos to come! 


The biggest happenings around here is that I am back on the healthy wagon!  :)  I have gone back and forth with this over the years, but you turn 41, you are planning on going to Hawaii and you are just sick and tired of headaches and neck/shoulder aches - ya gotta look a little deeper at what you're doing.  Plus, I just really want to wear a bathing suit this summer and not feel like crap!


So, Martha to the rescue when she went on the Clean program.  I LOVE to read about nutrition and my bookcases definately reflect that!  I got a juicer for my b-day present and I have had more fruits and veggies in the last 2 weeks than I have in like seriously, months.  NO WONDER I have 20 lbs to lose!  If you are intersted in learning more about Clean - check out the book and the website.  It's definately not for the faint of heart, but for 3 weeks, I think anyone can do anything.  I am pleased with my results so far - within 3 days, I was off caffeine and aspartame.  I really don't miss coffee!  NEVER thought I would say that!  Once I get done with my 3 weeks, I will post my complete results. 


I broke the news to Max and Scott that Koolaid was getting 86'd from this house.  Also, tapering off sugary cereal - weekdays, eggs or oatmeal for breakfast.  Soon, weekends will be gone too.  I also had Max pick out veggies that he would like to have with dinner.  Slowly but surely! 


I have found some great websites lately if you are interested in gluten-free, dairy-free, etc.


www.delectablyfree.com


www.glutenfree_mommy.com


www.gluetenfreegoddess.com





No comments: