Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Let's go have a picnic!

When I was growing up, I lived across the street from acres of ponds, fields and forest. It's now a housing development, but I will never forget the sun beating down on me, the smell of the grass and the feel of the paper bag lunch I was carrying on my adventure! There used to be a farm house down by the ponds and it was burned up in a fire, all that remained was a big concrete block with stairs going up to it. Magical place it was! All sorts of imaginary stuff happened there! I would go with friends and sometimes just by myself. Where we are now, we do have some trails to explore, so off we went today Max and I. Max lasted about a 1/2 hour and then his butt fell asleep from sitting on the ground. I guess it's just not the same when your Mom goes with! :)


1 comment:

lori said...

Memories.. remember all the woodticks?