Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Yummy Pizza & Best Bread Ever!

So I came upon a book about bread at The Chef's Gallery called Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day.


It's like $30 there, so I think, I'll check it out on Amazon.  Ends up being a 2 week wait.  So I am poking around on the author's website and blog and it looks so stinkin' good, I start looking all around for another online place to order.  End up going with B&N, I think - anyway - That's the power of a good blog and when you can't drive anymore - thank the good technological lord that we have e-commerce! 


So I have made the "boule"  and also the "olive oil bread."  We had friends over on Saturday night and I made pizzas.  And I quote "This is the best meal I have ever had here! Like this is even better than some of the fancy pizza places in town..."  Well, that can be taken a variety of ways ;) but, I chose to take it as a supreme compliment! 


I made BBQ Chicken, Quattro Formaggi, and good old Pepperoni for the little guys.  Of course I was so busy making them, I did not take pics.  But they looked great - just like the fancy wood fire grill places!


In the fall, the authors are publishing a "healthy" bread book.  I have pre-ordered (and I never do that...)


Off to volunteer with Max's summer camp tomorrow.  Our bus company is letting me tag along on the bus.  I think Max is still little enough where we can get away with this being "cool."  We are going to the local swimming hole.  Max informs me that he would prefer I do not swim.  HAH!  Like I am puttin' on a bathing suit in front of a bunch of 9 year olds!!  Wish me luck!



No comments: